If you are here, I commend you. You don’t want to follow me and end up getting things you didn’t bargain for, right? Before you buy a new car, or purchase a new book, you want to know what you are getting. You want to test drive that new car, or read reviews about that new vampire love story you are going to buy. Things should be as transparent as possible and left for you to decide what to do. I hope to do the same when it comes to you, connecting with me. Below is a list of the social media venues I mostly use and how I actually use them. You can choose what you want to follow, if any at all. Just click the network you wish to view.
Facebook is where I have almost all of my friends and family. So to prevent overwhelming them with information they don’t find relevant, I have created a fan page just for me (I know, it seems narcissistic). Here is how Facebook will be used.
- More important posts that I hope you will find useful but could get overlooked on Twitter or elsewhere.
- A more personal view into my life.
- More personal tastes, hobbies, and interests. This is where you will see a funny YouTube video or a new workout I’m trying.
- More engaging conversations for you to ask me questions, or me to ask you all questions.
- Competitions, or things of that nature.
Twitter is where I go to read. I love to just read what people have tweeted because it gives my great insights as well as valuable connections and new resources. I have some friends and family on Twitter, but it is primarily business professionals, companies, products etc. Here is how Twitter will be used.
- Sharing more targeted information. Things related to SEO, SMM or anything related to Technology, Business or this blog.
- Questions, responses, or praises to my followers or people I follow. I try to thank my new followers publicly, and not through DM. If a conversation becomes to big, I will move it to DM.
- Some personal updates of my day, or life. This will be kept to a minimum and primarily be seen on Facebook. Twitter is more professional.
- Achievements such as an increase in my Klout score or something of that nature.
- Quotes, videos and pictures will occasionally pop up. Usually they will be inspiring or informative; however, there will be some humorous ones.
LinkedIn is my professional networking site. I do have friends on here but they are also colleagues. I do not share much on here but I do a lot of reading. I use this primarily for people I have worked with before. If you are a business professional or have a company than by all means connect with me. I participate in groups, following companies, and keeping up to date with my colleagues. I try to keep my profile up to date as much as possible regarding my career. Here is how LinkedIn will be used.
- Networking with business professionals.
- Participating in groups or following companies.
- Keeping an up to date, digital resume for my career.
- Sharing very niche, industry specific content. This is strictly professional, not very personal.
- Sharing this blogs new posts.
As much as I love Google, the many tools it has provided and the help it has given me throughout college and life; I don’t really use Google+. I was a major advocate of it during the beta phase, I thought it would change everything when it came to social networking. My profile started collecting dust shortly thereafter. I recently started using this again. Here is how Google+ will be used.
- Sharing stories.
- Miscellaneous blurbs about my life.
- Networking with others.
- Reading and engaging with those in my circles.
- See the first point.
I’m new to Pinterest, but I enjoy it. Don’t worry, I don’t pin my favorite wedding photos or cute kitten pictures. Here is how Pinterest will be used.
- Pinning Infographics (I love infographics)
- Pinning pictures that I find funny. FYI, I love Le Rage comics. Some images may be PG-13.
- Pinning gadgets or anything tech related.
- Pinning innovative, inspiring, or interesting images I like.
- Following people, companies, and their boards.
I hope you find the previous information helpful. I will try my best to stay within the before mentioned uses. If I add any more networks or change how I use them, I will be sure to update this and inform everyone! If you have any questions or need some clarifications, then please let me know.